Program Name: XSniff
Published By: x-ren.com
License Type: Freeware
Date Released: November 28, 2007
As data streams flow across the network, the sniffer captures each packet and eventually decodes and analyzes its content according to the appropriate RFC or other specifications.
* A packet sniffer for a token ring network could detect that the token has been lost or the presence of too many tokens (verifying the protocol).
* A packet sniffer could detect that messages are being sent to a network adapter; if the network adapter did not report receiving the messages then this would localize the failure to the adapter.
* A packet sniffer could detect excessive messages being sent by a port, detecting an error in the implementation.
* A packet sniffer could collect statistics on the amount of traffic (number of messages) from a process detecting the need for more bandwidth or a better method.
* A packet sniffer could be used to extract messages and reassemble into a complete form the traffic from a process, allowing it to be reverse engineered.
* A packet sniffer could be used to diagnose operating system connectivity issues like web,ftp,sql,active directory,etc.
* A packet sniffer could be used to analyse data sent to and from secure systems in order to understand and circumvent security measures, for the purposes of penetration testing or illegal activities.
* A packet sniffer can passively capture data going between a web visitor and the web servers, decode it at the HTTP and HTML level and create web log files as a substitute for server logs and page tagging for web analytics.
License: Freeware | Price: $0.00 | Size: 488 KB | Downloads (3059)
- Internet Real Ip
XSniff Copyright notice:
Pirated Software Hurts Software Developers. Using XSniff Free Download crack, warez, password, serial numbers, torrent, keygen, registration codes, key generators is illegal. We do not host any torrent files or links of XSniff from depositfiles.com, rapidshare.com, any file sharing sites.