Program Name: Thinking Home
Published By: Always Thinking, Inc.
License Type: Shareware
Date Released: May 25, 2009
Thinking Home Desciption:
Thinking Home gives Mac users easy control of the lights and appliances in the home, even via the web. It supports both X-10 and INSTEON standards and is the only Mac app to store a schedule into the popular CM-15A so you can turn off your Mac.
Thinking Home is the easiest-to-use, affordable home automation solution for Mac OS X and is now even better! v2.1 boasts a modern design that delivers performance without compromising ease of use. It is the only Mac app to store a schedule into an ActiveHome Pro (CM-15A)!
Thinking Home supports some of the most popular new hardware, including both PowerLinc V2 models, ActiveHome Pro (CM-15A) and more than 100 other models of gadgets and scores of USB serial adapters.
Version 2.1 is well-equipped to run 24-7 and make use of Mac-only things like speech, scripts, email, instant messaging and web access.
You're invited to try out Thinking Home 2.1 as a demo for free. Then compare to other leading Mac home automation software.
Here are some of the highlights:
* Stores your schedule into a controller so you can turn off your Mac.
* Setup Assistant to help you get started
* Gadget Guide with more than 100 models of hardware
* INSTEON and X-10 standards
* Events and Responders operate gadgets, open web pages, play audio, all kinds of actions
* Innovative Desktop Remote operates your gadgets directly from the Finder
* Sherlock plug-in for finding answers online
* Web access that fits seamlessly with Apple's built-in Personal Web Sharing
* Email and iChat/AOL Instant Messenger, even to cell phones
* Scripting with AppleScript and virtually any language you have installed (unix shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
* Built-in voice commands and spoken announcements. You say "Turn on the living room lamp." and it does!
* English, Dutch and French localizations
* Logging with smart filtering
Operating System Requirements:
* Mac OS 10.3.9 or later
* Non-USB controller models require a USB-serial adapter.
* The Sherlock feature is available on Mac OS 10.4 and earlier.
License: Shareware | Price: $79.00 | Size: 12.3 MB | Downloads (396)
Platform: Mac OS X
|New Downloads||Top Downloads||Top Search|